TOW BAR FEATURES
Last image with Tow-Bar laying on ground shows included additional parts.
OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE WITH THIS PURCHASE AT ADDITIONAL COST.
Check additional Listings for these items.
Sale Price: $450
for Tow Bar, Attachments, Cables, and Towed Vehicle Pins.
(Does not include Additional Listings.)
Private Message: From Forum
Roadmaster Tow Bars – RM-520
Hitch-mounted tow bar has stainless steel, telescoping arms that automatically lock into place. Its large hookup radius allows you to connect without perfectly lining up your vehicle. Easily folds up to store on your RV.
- Tow bar lets you tow your vehicle safely and securely behind your motorhome
- Slides into trailer hitch receiver on RV – no ball mount necessary
- Large hookup radius makes connecting a breeze at any angle, even if your vehicle isn’t perfectly lined up with your RV
- Self-aligning design – just hook up and drive RV forward
- Arms extend into rigid, tow-ready position and automatically lock in place
- Extra-long telescoping arms allow for better maneuverability and easier towing
- Stainless steel construction of inner arms allows for smooth operation
- Strong, corrosion-resistant tow bar is built to last
- FEA testing guarantees a strong finished product
- Self-lubricated nylon bushings eliminate friction between the inner and outer arms for a longer-lasting, better-functioning system
- High-tech powder coat finish provides additional durability
- Simple, secure storage alongside motorhome
- Simply fold up the tow bar towards the RV and secure it with the built-in storage latch
- Fast, easy hookup and disconnect
- EZ, EZ2, EZ4, Classic, and XL base plates use the included quick-disconnects
- MX, MS, and EZ5 use the included pins and clips
- Made in the USA
- Compatibility: works with all Roadmaster vehicle-specific base plates
- Can be adapted for use with Blue Ox base plates with the Roadmaster Tow Bar to Blue Ox Brackets Adapter (RM-031 – sold separately)
- Application: 2″ x 2″ trailer hitch receivers
- Arm length (as measured from center of hitch pin hole to center of quick-disconnect bar):
- Extended: 53″
- Retracted: 41-3/4″
- Weight capacity: 6,000 lbs
Quick, Easy Hookup and Disconnect
This Roadmaster tow bar has a large hookup radius to ensure simple, secure hookup. What this means is that, even if your towed car is not perfectly aligned with your RV, you will still be able to make the necessary connections. To achieve this, the Falcon 2 has stainless steel, telescopic inner arms that adjust independently. In addition, these arms are able to pivot in and out, changing the spread. So, if your car is angled a bit behind your RV, you’ll still be able to hook up by bringing the arms closer together and staggering the length so that 1 arm is longer than the other, allowing it to reach the more distant base plate.
The fact that the arms are extra-long also allows for a better turning radius. By putting more distance between your 5th wheel or motorhome and your towed car, your entire setup will become easier to maneuver so that your towed car will track behind your 5th Wheel or Motorhome without running the risk of hitting your RV during turns.
The Autowlok mechanism features a spring-loaded pin that locks the telescoping arms into place for towing. Once the tow bar is connected to both your RV and to the base plates on your towed vehicle, simply drive forward until the tow bar arms fully extended, at which point they will automatically lock into place. Once you’ve reached your destination and you’re ready to unhook your car, press the release button to disengage the spring-loaded pin. The arms will be able to telescope again, making it easier to disconnect.
The internal self-lubricating nylon bushings help to absorb road shock and reduce wear and tear on the tow bar by eliminating friction between the inner and outer arms as they telescope in and out. Inside each arm, a built-in safety strap provides extra peace of mind by ensuring that the inner and outer arms won’t separate in the event of a latch failure.
When using EZ, EZ2, EZ4, XL, or Classic base plates, quick-disconnects make it a snap to attach the tow bar to your vehicle. Other methods require you to maneuver each tow bar arm individually and perfectly line up tabs on the arms with tabs on your base plates. Roadmaster’s unique design lets you connect and disconnect the tow bar quickly and easily, all by yourself.
The quick-disconnect brackets come in separate pieces. The pieces that are positioned on the ends of each tow bar arm interlock with matching brackets that attach to your Roadmaster base plates. Sandwiched between the tow bar arms is a sturdy crossbar that essentially turns the arms into a single structure. This crossbar allows you to lower the tow bar as a single piece onto the quick-disconnect brackets on your towed car so that you don’t have to connect each arm separately. When lowering the tow bar onto the brackets, make sure that the tab on each bracket lines up with the hole in the matching bracket. Then just insert the linchpins through the holes in the tabs on top to secure the brackets together. To remove the tow bar, simply remove the pins and lift the tow bar off of the brackets. These convenient brackets also make it simple to mount any number of Roadmaster accessories, from basic safety cables to the Guardian rock shield.