Factory Repair Center vs. Kansas RV Center (From Old Forum)

HOME Forums Factory Repair Center vs. Kansas RV Center (From Old Forum)

• Creator
    Topic
    admin
    Keymaster

vairman

Jan 26, 2016#1

I have a bit of a dilemma and would like opinions. My 2013 Lifestyle needs to have the front frame fix in the bedroom area. Also needed is a slide adjustment and the steps recall. I have an appointment at the factory in mid March. Recently, I have heard on this forum about the great work being done at the Kansas RV Center. They also have time available in March. I am currently in AZ and getting to KS is much closer plus the chance of snow historically is lower.

If it was you, where would you go? I know the decision is mine but looking for some data points.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

cuttinchief

Jan 26, 2016#2

I don’t know the workforce in In. But I will tell you that Kansas RV Center is a great place I’ve been there. It’s the NUWA plant they have everything to build an RV. I go to the races there every yr it’s the same city as the plant for B&W Hitch. These Kansa folks are smart and hard workers along with perfection minded. I have found Mike to be the straightest shooter I’ve ever met in the RV world. I bought there and haven’t closed yet but chose them because I know if I have warranty issues I will not have service issues. These guys can do it all. Mike kept all his guys and I’m sure have added some of the excel workforce that just closed its doors. I would not even hesitate to take my rig. Again this is why I bought my rig there.

Fulltimer50

Jan 26, 2016#3

I would suspect that the Bedroom area frame fix would have to be done at the factory. To be sure you would need to call LS.
    Good luck.

ACoch

Jan 26, 2016#4

If Kansas RV Center says they can do the repair, I would not second guess them. I bought my 2015 LS36FW from them and had some little things fixed by them last year. I might also say that KS RV might be a better choice. Just my 2 cents worth!!!!

cuttinchief

Jan 26, 2016#5

Kansas RV is a Factory if you have ever been there. They built RVs you know the Hitchhicker full time unit at NUWA that shutdown.This place is a sprawling factory not a little RV shop. The knowledge they have is second to none. Remember this is the Area that the best RVs in the country are built. I mean top of line units like New Horizon,Excel who just shut down. These folks in this area have values that portray excellence. I’ve seen them and talked to them. They still have lines to put your rig on like I said these country boys are some of the best welder scandal workers I’ve seen with good wholesome values. There minds haven’t been shifted to ” let’s save money for profit like a lot of the areas in RV land of Indiana. I’m sure the factory will do a fine job but my money is on these Kansas RV builders. They know how to do it right the first time. I would trust them to rebuild my unit from the ground up. If I had the money I would invest in them to build a new unit. To much high caliber knowledge just sitting there in that area waiting with Excel shutdown now. I told Mike he should go in with Excel to open a new RV. That would be something else. If you go check them both out you would see right away. Again im sure the factory is capable but to save the distance and drive I’m going to stay as close to home.
    Now If it was just a repair shop I would hands down go factory but your comparing a factory to factory basically. I will let you know when I pick up my unit. I told Mike I was concerned with some of the backing service from LS . He is a professional and said I will promise you we will take care of you here. Since I’ve been there I tend to believe him and the post I’ve seen on here about work they have done and the praise. But it’s your call

remoandiris

Jan 26, 2016#6

Will taking it to KS RV Center mean it takes longer to get the work approved? What is LS fails to approve the hours KS RV says they need to do the work?

Can KS RV fix it? No doubt. Will it take longer to get approvals, parts, etc? Unknown. Does that matter to you? You have to decide.

Fulltimer50

Jan 26, 2016#7

remoandiris wrote:Will taking it to KS RV Center mean it takes longer to get the work approved? What is LS fails to approve the hours KS RV says they need to do the work?

Can KS RV fix it? No doubt. Will it take longer to get approvals, parts, etc? Unknown. Does that matter to you? You have to decide.

I agree. Who can do the work may or may not be the question. It would depend on whether you want to pay for it or not. The fix is covered under LS frame warranty. Chances are thats a factory fix. Also since a 2013 is two or more yrs old I doubt the slide adjustment would be covered. I would contact LS to be sure.

Jan 26, 2016#8

Fulltimer50 wrote:

remoandiris wrote:Will taking it to KS RV Center mean it takes longer to get the work approved? What is LS fails to approve the hours KS RV says they need to do the work?

I agree. Who can do the work may or may not be the question. It would depend on whether you want to pay for it or not. The fix is covered under LS frame warranty. Chances are thats a factory fix. Also since a 2013 is two or more yrs old I doubt the slide adjustment would be covered. I would contact LS to be sure.

I expect to pay for the slide adjust. I have a call into Cary at Lifestyle to discuss this. Call backs seem to take awhile but you both bring up valid points.

cuttinchief

Jan 26, 2016#9

I’m sure you will know what is being covered to start with so coverage probably isn’t a big deal. I will bet if you could look at both spots your probably going to go with Kansas. I would dread the trip to In from Ariz. plus If lifestyle has approved Kansas then there isn’t a worry but. I just know those guys a Kansas RV Center can do it all and are committed to the highend client.

dutchanddi

Jan 26, 2016#10

Just to give the other side: We called Ks RV and made an appointment to have them look at a pretty large rear entertainment center “redo”. We were driving in from Oregon. They gave us the date to come in. We arrived on our scheduled date and parked at the cute little city RV park just down from them. {enjoyed visiting with lots of fellow HH owners we knew}
    We drove over in the truck the next day and was told they couldn’t really look at anything for 3 or 4 days. No problem, we don’t have any place to really be.
    We drove back hooked up on the said date & time and was told we had to go to another building. Okey Dokey. Did so and opened up. The guy {I can’t remember his name} came out and took pictures and wrote down what we were looking for. 1st thing he said “we can’t match your wood”. Hmmm, it doesn’t have to be exact but I can buy honey oak wood stain at WM. Dutch had made a door for us in the bedroom the year before from unpainted wood, I stained it with said Honey Oak and it matches perfectly. We told him we wouldn’t worry about color just yet but did need a “ballpark” cost, appx how long the job would take, could we stay or not stay in the RV at night and when did they feel they could do the work once we gave the OK. I also asked him if he had the wherewithal to show me before hand what it might look like; He said he would e-mail me answers in about a week.
    No biggie. We hooked back up and went on to explore. I called him back in 2 weeks and was told; “Sorry, I didn’t get to it. Same thing 2 weeks later. “Sorry we’re really busy and I can’t find your paperwork but will look for it”.
    It took well over month and several more phone calls to finally get an estimate. They gave me an appx time frame and said sometime next spring or summer. I asked him about what the “redo” would look like. He said he’d mail me something. A month later, I received a hand drawing which didn’t really show much so we finally just gave up. I know the company is good as is Mike the owner, but we just didn’t have a good experience. Many people do really seem to be happy with them.
    We’ve put this “redo” on hold several times and I’m thinking we may just have to tackle the job ourselves. If we can get back 80% of our health by April, I think we’ll be able to this ourselves—at least this is my Plan B. Hugs, Di 

cuttinchief

Jan 27, 2016#11

Was this just a review to see what the work would require for the estimate? It seems like that ps what this was for not sure or was this a call to come in we will fix it the first time they seen the unit? It’s seems like they were looking at seeing what the work was and maybe you were thinking they would look at it and fix it at that time? Was there some miss understanding just wondering but again I don’t think anyone can be prepared to fix something they don’t know even the factory well with a Cameo there are no parts are there . About everything has to be made I maybe wrong in that notion but the factory no longer exist correct. There are a lot who have been taken care of pretty quick but maybe that wasn’t your case but just an upgrade could be wrong again. But it’s great to have a Center that can do anything even with older rigs. Even major work like redoing a rear entertainment area. Thinking there may have been some misunderstanding in the communications. I bet with them having your info pictures and know what needs to be done the next trip would be the fix trip. You may want to get back with them to take care of you.

vairman

Jan 27, 2016#12

Talked to Todd at Lifestyle today. He had no problem with going to Kansas RV Center. So the plan now is to go to Kansas RV in March. I will post back with a review of my experience.

dutchanddi

Jan 30, 2016#13

Cuttinchief. I’m sorry but I’m a bit confused. Was your reply to my post about my experience with Kansas RV or to one of the other posters? I don’t want to reply to the post below if you weren’t “talking” to me. Hugs, Di

cuttinchief wrote:Was this just a review to see what the work would require for the estimate? It seems like that ps what this was for not sure or was this a call to come in we will fix it the first time they seen the unit? It’s seems like they were looking at seeing what the work was and maybe you were thinking they would look at it and fix it at that time? Was there some miss understanding just wondering but again I don’t think anyone can be prepared to fix something they don’t know even the factory well with a Cameo there are no parts are there . About everything has to be made I maybe wrong in that notion but the factory no longer exist correct. There are a lot who have been taken care of pretty quick but maybe that wasn’t your case but just an upgrade could be wrong again. But it’s great to have a Center that can do anything even with older rigs. Even major work like redoing a rear entertainment area. Thinking there may have been some misunderstanding in the communications. I bet with them having your info pictures and know what needs to be done the next trip would be the fix trip. You may want to get back with them to take care of you.

vairman

Mar 17, 2016#14

vairman wrote:Talked to Todd at Lifestyle today. He had no problem with going to Kansas RV Center. So the plan now is to go to Kansas RV in March. I will post back with a review of my experience.

Well, Kansas RV Center just finished with our repair and we are very pleased to say the least. They did a great job on the repair. The guy who worked on my frame repair had done 11 similar repairs over the last 2 months. They reinforced all of the studs with wood and added steel brackets. It was the best experience I have ever had with an RV repair. They did all of the work with dealing with Evergreen so there was no issue on payment.

Based on this experience, I would not hesitate to recommend Kansas RV Center to anyone.

P.S. One other item. They do all of the work inside the Nu-Wa factory building so there was no living inside the RV while it was being worked on. We found a hotel in Chanute and they beat their time estimate so it wasn’t too bad.

I put pictures on the my owners club pictures page.

Mark

Carriage-Lifestyle Owners Club & Forum
    Founder/Owner/Admin

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.